The Things I Haven't Learned

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Once Upon A Random Tuesday Morning

I daresay that as a writer (blogger, in this case), there is no greater feeling than knowing that people actually care enough about you and your ideas to take the time to read what you're writing. I become aware that people have read what I've written in various and sundry ways--someone will post a comment, ask me more about one of my humorous tales, or call me up to tell me they enjoyed my latest entry. I am thrilled by any of these occurrences. However, this morning I learned that someone had read what I wrote in one of the sweetest and most thoughtful ways possible.

About a month ago ("The Soundtrack of My Life") I wrote about how I was becoming a little bored and my life could use some spicing up. I mentioned that this could possibly be achieved by a major recording artist calling me up and telling me she wants to record my songs, or maybe a bouquet of flowers could arrive on my doorstep. I concluded that these kinds of things only happen on random Tuesday mornings when you're not looking for them, and I should just forget about excitement and get back to work. Anyway, now it is time to fast forward to this random Tuesday morning.

This Tuesday morning began as any other-I worked out, showered, made a couple of phone calls, and "looked forward" to beginning preparations for my Schubert presentation tomorrow. Just as I was about to sit down for my date with the King of Lieder himself, the doorbell rang. I peeked out just in time to see the FedEx man jogging back to his truck. I went outside to retrieve the package, thinking that my dad had probably called Triple A to order more maps of Alaska or something. To my surprise, I instead found a box containing a gorgeous bouquet of coral-colored roses, addressed to me!!! I have never in my life had flowers delivered to me, so you can imagine that this was quite a thrill. I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped smiling the whole day. :-) I am so touched that a friend from most of the way across the country would care enough to make my fictional ponderances come true, right down to the "random Tuesday morning." So to my loyal blog reader and friend, I hope you know that you truly made the day/week of this crazy stressed-out girl up in MN. Thank you for being so incredibly thoughtful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home