The Things I Haven't Learned

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some Things I Actually Did Learn At Work Today (I Hope This is Allowed...)

1. Choosing fashion over function is rarely a good idea, especially in the area of footwear. I knew, when I donned my adorable high heels to match my equally cute skirt this morning, that pain and destruction were sure to follow. I knew that I spend my entire days on my feet, and that I probably climb 500 stairs a day. I knew that limping along, barely being able to step more than 6 inches at a time, does not make one look sexy, but instead somewhat pathetic. All of this I knew, and I wore them anyway, hoping for a shoe-miracle. Foolish me. I solemnly avow that I will not make this mistake again, at least not until I forget how painful blisters can really be.

2. Wearing a flow-y skirt on an incredibly windy day is also rarely a good idea. I had a little bit of trouble keeping myself decent on the block and a half walk in from the parking lot as my skirt blew hither and yon every time the wind gusted. However, I decided that I could still eat lunch on the patio, since I would be sitting down and hence keeping my skirt at bay. Clearly, I had underestimated the power of wind. As my Lean Cuisine pizza went sliding across the table, I was faced with a critical decision. Save my lunch, or save myself from indecent exposure? Those of you who know me well know that this was a no-brainer. As time moved in slow motion, I took a flying leap across the picnic table and snatched the pizza milliseconds before it flew over the edge. Unfortunately, my skirt also flew in every which direction, causing one of the music therapy interns to come rushing to my aid from inside the building, where she had apparently been watching the entire scene unfold through a nearby window. It seems that I may have been providing more entertainment than the music therapy interns department meeting..yikes.

3. It is never good when your piano students bite you. I, for one, am quite certain that I never bit my piano teacher. Said bite did not really seem to be malicious, or maybe even on purpose. It was just one of those, "OK, and there's your teeth, on my hand!" sort of moments. It surprised me so much that I didn't even say anything. This latest episode merely confirmed my suspicians that I have some of the strangest jobs in the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home