"Spring" Break
It would just figure that the only substantial snowfall all season would occur on the first day of Spring Break. I'm not going to complain too much, because I actually prefer the dazzling whiteness of fresh knee-deep snow to the dingy grayness that March is so famous for. In fact, this little blizzard afforded me a number of opportunities that I mightn't have otherwise had.
First, I got to see our postman slide backwards down the street in his little mail truck. (It was probably a bit upsetting to him at the time, but I sure got a kick out of it!) In fact, I am laughing out loud now as I recall seeing him go flying by my window, back end going hither and yon. Hopefully he'll be able to laugh about it sooner or later.
Second, I was able to become intimately acquainted with my local Honda dealer, who informed me that no matter how well-intentioned I was, he could not just print me out a key to my friend's car. I tried explaining to him that I only wanted to move it off the snow emergency route, but he was unimpressed. Did, I not, he asked, understand that that plan had already tried by every scheming car thief and his brother?! Harrumph. Some people would have to ruin it for everyone.
Third, since Daphne (my car) told me she wasn't at all sure she could make it out of our driveway, I decided to clean my room. For some reason, I always seem to find a lot of candy in my room when I clean. I hate to have all those little tiny pieces of candy cluttering up my clean room, so usually I just eat them all. I think I ate about 14 Hershey's kisses, a sucker, and a box of Nerds. I always knew that cleaning was bad for my health. In another moment of inspiration, I also almost, ALMOST put THE red shirt in the Goodwill box. It's getting a bit worn, and frankly, a bit small. (I'm certain this is just because it has been through the dryer so many times.) Wouldn't it be nice of me to share the power of the red shirt with a less fortunate soul who NEVER gets asked out by the strangest men imaginable? In the end, I just couldn't part with it. I'll probably have to wear it for the picture that will go inside my book jacket. I'd better stop cleaning my room so I don't have to eat all that messy candy...
First, I got to see our postman slide backwards down the street in his little mail truck. (It was probably a bit upsetting to him at the time, but I sure got a kick out of it!) In fact, I am laughing out loud now as I recall seeing him go flying by my window, back end going hither and yon. Hopefully he'll be able to laugh about it sooner or later.
Second, I was able to become intimately acquainted with my local Honda dealer, who informed me that no matter how well-intentioned I was, he could not just print me out a key to my friend's car. I tried explaining to him that I only wanted to move it off the snow emergency route, but he was unimpressed. Did, I not, he asked, understand that that plan had already tried by every scheming car thief and his brother?! Harrumph. Some people would have to ruin it for everyone.
Third, since Daphne (my car) told me she wasn't at all sure she could make it out of our driveway, I decided to clean my room. For some reason, I always seem to find a lot of candy in my room when I clean. I hate to have all those little tiny pieces of candy cluttering up my clean room, so usually I just eat them all. I think I ate about 14 Hershey's kisses, a sucker, and a box of Nerds. I always knew that cleaning was bad for my health. In another moment of inspiration, I also almost, ALMOST put THE red shirt in the Goodwill box. It's getting a bit worn, and frankly, a bit small. (I'm certain this is just because it has been through the dryer so many times.) Wouldn't it be nice of me to share the power of the red shirt with a less fortunate soul who NEVER gets asked out by the strangest men imaginable? In the end, I just couldn't part with it. I'll probably have to wear it for the picture that will go inside my book jacket. I'd better stop cleaning my room so I don't have to eat all that messy candy...

2 Comments:
At 2:10 PM,
Ben Kohlmann said…
youve got a great blog! I quite enjoy reading it...a nice break from the drudgery i subject the blogosphere to on a semi-daily basis!
At 6:55 PM,
bob said…
Oh Erinn...thanks for trying so valiantly to steal my car. You're the best.
Post a Comment
<< Home